Monday, January 20, 2014

January 6, 2013!!

Hey There Everyone!!! 

Here is Kayla's e-mail from a couple of weeks ago!!!  Sorry I'm behind again!!  Life has gotten a bit crazy, and I'm trying to learn how to balance all the good stuff of life!!! 

Happy Reading!!! 

Love to all!! 




Hey Everyone!
This week has probably been one of the longest weeks of my life!
New Years was good, but we weren't allowed to proselyte on New Years Eve or New Years Day unless we had a set appointment! We couldn't even drop in on our members unless we had an appointment with them, so those couple days were really slow, and to top it off, school doesn't start for another week, so there still are no students in town! So we have done a lot of member work, and a lot of knocking on doors! One day my companion and I were a little disheartened because we had this INCREDIBLE day planned! We were ready to see all of these miracles happen and by dinner time... NOTHING. So on our way home we decided to go knock on this referrals door who wasn't home before. I said a quick prayer pleading for SOMETHING to come out of today, just to help me feel like i wasn't a complete failure, and the referral wasn't home, but his roommate was! We talked to him and we were informed that not only was the referral reading the Book of Mormon, but their other roommate was as well! WHAT!?! We asked him if he would be willing to read it and he said yes! Miracles do happen! If you're doing everything in your power to do what God tells you to do, you're bound to see miracles happen! 
Another miracle: Sunday we weren't having any luck either, we go and try to knock on another referrals door and we see the other set of sisters that live with us coming down the hill near where we had dropped them off earlier, they were extremely excited to inform us that they had a church tour for us later that night. We went. The Spirit was SO strong. This young man is now preparing to be baptized on Feb 22! Pray for him! His name is Jacob! 
I know this work is God's work! I love bringing people closer to Christ! I love being an instrument in the hands of the Lord! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father! I draw closer to Him every day, as well as my brother and Savior Jesus Christ! I love this gospel! The heavens are opened! God Loves YOU!
Love,
Sister Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment