Monday, October 21, 2013

Last weeks e-mail!!! October 14, 2013

Here is last weeks e-mail!!!!  

Happy Reading!!!


Hey Everyone!!
Time is short today, but I have learned so much this last week! It has been depressing and tiring but so exhilarating and wonderful at the same time!
Monday night we had just got done with P-day (6pm) and we started walking to the institute building! We were on FIRE! We were talking to EVERYONE that we saw and it was so great! We were inviting people to be baptized and getting names and phone numbers and just doing what missionaries love to do. We saw that we had missed a call from our mission president, so we listened to the voice mail. He said that he had a new assignment for Sister Workman. We weren't too worried cause we have a sister in our district that is going back to temple square on Tuesday of this week so we figured she'd just go into that area until transfers (next week Sunday). After we got to the institute we called president back and he told Sister Workman that she needed to pack her bags and that she would be leaving on Wednesday to go to Sand Point... Wait WHAT?... (That's what went through all of our heads) We were heartbroken! Right as we get in the groove of learning how to teach with three people, the Lord switched it up. I'm not going to lie... I was a bit bitter! The friend that I relied on the most since I've been out here was leaving! But after she left on Wednesday I had a wonderful conversation, through prayer, with the Lord. He chastened me, lovingly of course, and told me not to be so selfish and prideful. We had just received a training on fully submitting our will to the Lords will and at that time I definitely was not doing that.... so I did what I had to do... I repented and changed my behavior. I cannot tell you what a difference that has made to my mission! The area is on fire! The members are working with us better than ever! We got two new investigators the other day! 
The Lord blesses us when we are willing to submit our will to his. I don't have the exact quote, but a prophet said that our will is the only true thing that we have to place on the alter that our Heavenly Father hasn't already given us. As you do this, miracles happen. It doesn't only work with missionary work. In your every day life, as you listen to the right music, as you make the choice NOT to go to that party, and as you decide to keep yourself clean from the things of this declining world, you will see a difference! No matter who you are, where you are, nor how you've gotten there, submitting your will to the Father and being obedient will bring you blessings.
Satan is trying to build a world full of grey areas. It's not that these shorts are "just a little too short" it's the fact that "they ARE too short." Don't let Satan have an inch...  eventually he will go a mile.... or even longer down into a dark place that our Father in Heaven doesn't want you to be.. EVER. 
God loves all of his children and wants them to live with him again. Commandments are not hindrances, they are blessings to keep us happy in this life. As we live them we are happy and make it possible for God to give us the blessings that we need at that time. 
I am so grateful for this gospel! I love the lord for his loving way of showing me when I'm doing something wrong. It's not about relying on your friends or your family...  it's about relying on the one person you loves you and cares about you most! Our Father who is in heaven! 
I know this, and you can too!
Love,
Sister Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment