Monday, October 7, 2013

September 30, 2013 E-mail!!!

Hey there Everyone!!!

Sorry this is late, ....  but better late than never!   Right!?  Here is Kayla's e-mail from last week!

Enjoy, and Happy Reading!!!  



On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Kayla Richardson <kayla.richardson@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hello Everyone! 
There are so many things that have happened this last week but I want to concentrate on 3...
First of all... life is full of trials and challenges. I can testify to you right now that if you're not happy... change your thoughts. Make goals... write them down... hold yourself accountable for them (and if you know you won't get someone you're with a lot to do it for you) If you change your thoughts, your behavior will follow! I have a testimony of that! I thank heaven for the companions I have right now who so lovingly help me with my goals to change my thoughts from negative to positive thinking! It works miracles brothers and sisters! Truly!

Secondly, here is something for your enjoyment that was given to us by a member:
The Way It Is
THE MISSION PRESIDENT:
Leaps tall buildings in a single bound,
Is more powerful than a locomotive,
Is faster than a speeding bullet,
Walks on water,
Associates with God.
THE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT:
Leaps short buildings in a single bound, 
Is more powerful than a switch engine,
Is just as fast as a speeding bullet,
Walks on water if the sea is calm,
Talks with God.
THE ZONE LEADER:
Leaps short buildings with a running start and favorable winds,
Is almost as powerful as a switch engine,
Is faster than a decelerating bullet,
Walks on water in an indoor swimming pool,
Talks with God if special request is approved.
THE DISTRICT LEADER:
Barely clears a mud hut,
Loses tug-of-war with locomotives,
Can fire a speeding bullet,
Swims well,
Is occasionally addressed by God.
THE SENIOR COMPANION:
Makes high marks on the wall when trying to leap tall buildings,
Is run over by locomotives,
Can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self-injury,
Dog paddles,
Talks to animals.
THE JUNIOR COMPANION:
Runs into buildings,
Recognizes locomotives 2 out of 3 times,
Is not issued ammunition,
Can stay afloat with a life jacket,
Talks to walls.
THE GREENIE:
Falls over doorsteps when trying to enter buildings,
Says, "Look at the choo-choo!"
Wets himself with a water pistol,
Plays in mud puddles,
Mumbles to himself.
THE SISTER MISSIONARIES:
Lifts buildings and walks under them,
Kicks locomotives off the tracks,
Catches speeding bullets with her teeth and eats them, 
Freezes water in a single glance.
Knows God.
Lastly, I am so grateful for inspired leaders of the church to guide us with their words. The General Relief Society Meeting was in a single word: INSPIRED. I'm sure you can say that about any church meeting, but I love listening to the leadership of the women in the church, and what a treat it was to listen to the prophet of the world talk to his beloved sisters! I love listening to the prophet! As we come to listen to the apostles and prophets this weekend, have a question or two in mind so that the spirit can work within you to answer those questions that you've been pondering!
God loves you, He knows you, and He wants you to live with Him again! I know that. I've found it out for myself! 
Do everything in your power to listen to the prophet and apostles of Christ's church talk to the world. You will be inspired! I know the fullness of the gospel has been restored once again upon the earth! I know it, I live it, and I LOVE IT! 
I love you all! I hope all is well! Keep the faith and God's speed!
Love,
Sister Richardson  

No comments:

Post a Comment