Monday, August 19, 2013

"This is Truly God's Country!"

Hey everyone!!!

Here is Kayla's e-mail from last week!  We didn't get it until Wednesday, (which was a really crazy day for me, by the way)!!  Kayla was able to attend the temple, on Wednesday, and that changed her p-day!!!  (Good to know for future reference!)

Happy Reading!!!


Wed. August 14, 2013


HELLO ONE AND ALL!!!
I am sooooo grateful to be on my mission!! The Lord has blessed me in so many ways! I have an excellent companion, I have a beautiful apartment, and the field is white and ready to harvest! (no really, there are wheat fields EVERYWHERE up here!) 
This truly is God's country! *sigh* It is so gorgeous up here! and I love being on campus to talk to people that are my own age! 
We do a lot of campus contacting and tracting, but a lot of service as well! We have helped numerous amounts of people move out and in just because there's a big law school and medical school up here and their schools start earlier. However, we are starting to get a lot of the sorority girls coming in, so maybe we can convert a whole sorority!! That would be fantastic! Keep that in your prayers. ;)
We had what was called a mini-missionary last week! She was soooooo amazing!!!! It's this program that the stakes up here in our mission have where teenage girls (in high school) come out and are a missionary for a week! They do everything we do! It's so cool! Her name was Sister Blake....and funny story...She knows Ali Smith!! One of my rugby girls! But she doesn't just KNOW her....oh no....THEY'RE BEST FRIENDS!!!! How AWESOME is that!!!!???!!!! I love how the Lord put people in our lives just to say... "hey I'm thinkin about ya!" She went home on sunday, but we are getting another one today! We are so excited!
We have had so many miracles and tender mercies this week! We've been looking really hard for people to teach and have prayed to know where to go, and the last couple days we have seen the Lord soften the hearts of his children so many times! We were contacting on sunday and literally had 3 batismal invitations on the street and 7 mini lessons as well as 9 church tour invites!! That is SO many compared to what we've been getting, and the miracle, is just that the numbers have been increasing throughout this week! We are so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us!
One thing that has been hard for me to do is to initiate a conversation about the gospel with people...I mean I can talk to someone about life for hours, but the gospel is something that is so near to my heart that it's hard for me when people reject it, so I've made goals to increase talking to people about the gospel, and I have already seen the impact not only change my life but those around me as well!! 
I know this is the fully restored gospel on the earth today! I know there is a living prophet named Thomas S. Monson who is the Lords mouthpiece to direct His church on the Earth today. I know the 12 apostles are righteous men that are all called of God to bear witness of Christs divinity and His sacrifice through the Atonement and resurrection. I know my Father in Heaven knows my name, and knows how I'm feeling at all times! I know He loves me and wants me to be happy! I know that even though I may go through trials, that He STILL loves me! I know that we are all brothers and sisters and God loves everyone...from that beggar on the street to the CEO of that major corporation and He wants EVERYONE to live with Him again. I know families can be eternal! I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father for calling me and for qualifying me to be His servant in this day and age where people just don't seem to understand the love and blessing that come from our loving Heavenly father!! I know He's real. I love this gospel and I know with no doubts in my heart that I am here for a reason!! Time is running out for those around you who do not know the truth! Help them understand and see that God loves EVERYONE! 
I love you all and I'm grateful for all of your support! You're in my prayers! 
LOVE, 
Sister Kayla Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment