Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013 E-mail!!!

Hey there everyone!!!  

Here is this weeks e-mail!!!!

Love those funny stories!!!  

Happy Reading!!!  

All our love!!!



Hello EVERYONE!!!!
Funny story of the week. This actually happened last night:
As we were riding home from an amazing day out on the mission I was with my two companions (S. Workman and S. Hardy) and they were singing disney songs. I thought to myself....this would make a great video....so skillfully as I pulled my camera out of my bag, took it out of its case, I started recording these two lovely women that I have come to know and love so much. When they realized I was recording this didn't deter them at all they kept singing to their hearts content. For about 5 min as we were biking we were about to come to a corner. Realizing that my camera was in my right hand (my braking hand) I began switching the camera to my left hand. Just as I did so my bike hit a bump I didn't see (it was kind of dark). This bump knocked my camera out of my hands. In this moment there was a string of words going through my head that I'm sure wouldn't have made Christ very happy.... but I also knew my parents wouldn't be very happy when they found out that my camera was broken either (I still have yet to hear from them on that). Me being myself however decided that I would fix it after we planned for the next days activities. As I pulled the camera apart to see if anything was loose....everything looked ok... As i tried to turn it on nothing was working. I decided that since it was getting late I would try and fix the inner workings the next day, but could fix the cosmetic injuries that had occurred that night. I bent things back to their rightful place and started reassembling my cute little camera. I started with the faceplate and worked my way backwards. As I began putting the middle piece back on my finger slipped onto a metal plate and the next thing I knew I felt the painful energy course through me! I'D BEEN SHOCKED! I mumbled to myself and laughed a little as my companions stood there with puzzled looks on their faces. Sister Workman finally spoke saying, "Did you just shock yourself?" Laughing I responded in the affirmative! I could hardly believe it myself, but indeed I had been shocked. I didn't know how or what had shocked me....but I knew it hurt and I didn't want it to happen again. As I continued reassembling, my thumb on my right hand touched the same plate that my previous finger had... this shock lasted a little longer.... dropping the camera I responded with hysterical laughter, saying "FREAK THAT HURTS!".... Long story short...my companions think im crazy... I think i still have a little bit of electricity left inside my body, and never try to fix a broken camera when you're extremely tired when you have NO idea what you're doing! :) 
Like everything however, this can be related to the gospel. A lot of times we are enjoying our time with our friends and family and we see an obstacle coming up fast. When we realized we aren't prepared for these things, we try and fix things at the last second. What we don't realize is that there was something in the path that we didn't see, a bump in the road that wasn't expected. These unexpected bumps can produce accidents that have dire consequences. When we pick the problem apart to find the injury beneath, our uneducated eyes don't know where to look, yet we persist and try to make it look good on the outside. It might look ok on the outside, but if what is going on inside doesn't work there is no point trying to use it. When we try and fix these problems by ourselves without the help of an expert we get shocked, both emotionally and spiritually. It hurts A LOT when it happens, but we know that as we seek counsel from those who know what they're doing, who have experienced it before, our insides will be repaired to the point where they can look like new, but operate perfectly as well. 
Life isn't easy to deal with sometimes. We will get shocked. We will think we can do it on our own, but we know that if we want to be able to look like new and function properly there is one person that has always been where we've been. And he will never leave us alone as long as we ask for His help and guidance. People might think we're crazy, and we will still learn from our mistakes, but don't try and fix it without the help of The One who knows. 
I know Jesus Christ is my Redeemer and that He has been through everything for me. All I have to do is ask for His help and He will be there. 
I love this gospel!
Love,
Sister Kayla Richardson 

No comments:

Post a Comment