Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013 E-mail!!!

Hey there one and all!!!

Here is the latest e-mail, received today!!!  

Love you all!!!

Happy Reading!!!



Hello Everyone!!!
Life is great out here in Moscow, Idaho! It's starting to get a bit colder, so all of the super cute clothes are coming out! The winters have always been a struggle for me, but I know that this winter is going to be an epic one! I was able to experience being a "true missionary" this week where we were able to ride our bikes in the rain! My companions and I were singing as we rode and it made it 10 times better! Yesterday we were able to experience the same thing...except this time it was about 40 degrees outside and raining.... needless to say i need to invest in some gloves while biking during the winter or else I won't have fingers when I come back! 
I've also been able to experience what a migraine feels like for most of the week! I know my mom gets them, but I guess that was the Lords way of making me gain more respect for my mother in that way! :) Throughout this week I've learned that Satan will do ANYTHING in his power to stop the progression of the work of the Lord. God's work will never stop. His work will progress now and throughout eternity. "This is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" Moses 1:39. God wants us to live with him again and He will do all in his power to help his children see how much he loves them. That doesn't mean life is going to be easy. "...if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?" D&C 122:7-8
I know that we are given trials for our own benefit! I know God loves us and helps us whenever we ask for help, but we have to be willing to try.
I have come to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ so much better than I ever have in my life before and it is amazing!
I love the Lord. He loves me. He loves you. Keep praying. Keep asking for help. He always has His hand extended to help you in any way He can. Read the Book of Mormon. It will help. 
I love you all and I think of home often, but I know what I'm doing out here is what the Lord needs me to be doing right now. 
Keep the faith and stay strong.
Love,
Sister Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment