Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 9, 2013

Hey Everyone!!!

Here is this weeks letter from our missionary!!!  Fun pictures too!!!  Just love those!!!

Happy Reading!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!!!



Hello Everyone!!!
This last week was a tad CRAZY! We went on exchanges again and I went to Pullman with Sister Stevens!! She's so much fun! She's from Cali and I'm from Vegas and we both just clicked...especially since we both share a love of the beach! We were constantly reminiscing about being at the beach and in swim suits and such...*sigh* Anyways... Back to real life. 
I went to the store the other day and saw a weird looking thing on a shelf. I asked Sister Lin (she's from Taiwan) if she knew what it was. She said that it was a dragon fruit. I decided that I wanted to try it.... I won't go into details, but it was a tad strange. haha it has the same consistency as Kiwi....but without the taste...really any taste haha but attatched are pictures we decided the other half might have taste if we froze it... we have yet to try that yet.... At least it looks cool! :) 
We had transfer calls this week!!!!! Sister Hardy and I were waiting by the phone last night for seriously 30 minutes!! ..way to be prompt Elders...then when they finally did end up calling we both reached for the phone bonking our heads while doing so and squealing like pigs because we were so excited to see what our next 6 weeks were going to be like! We found out that we both are staying our companionship and are staying here in Moscow...what we didn't even imagine was that we were getting a third companion!!! WHAT!?! I KNOW RIGHT!?! Sister Workman, another sister here in Moscow, is being added to our companionship to make our awesomeness a trio!!! We were all SO excited! Sister Workman and I get along VERY well! You could say we are kind of like the same person, just in two separate bodies...haha...but really. I am sooooo excited for this companionship to take off....it's going to be so dynamite! We are all so stoked!
Work-wise things have sadly been declining... :/ Three of our investigators that we thought were going really well, told us they didn't want to meet anymore...or just stopped answering our texts and phone calls. It's sad to see people have the experiences they do, then not want to learn anymore about such amazing truths that will literally save their souls! I'm not going to lie, sometimes it's disheartening; however, I am always called back to a blessing my dad gave me before I left on my mission. In it he told me that I would be planting a lot of seeds in the hearts of the people that I came in contact with. As I see this part of this blessing being unfolded in front of me I can't help but feel grateful for being a member of this church and to know that my father in heaven knows me well enough to bring that promise in particular back to my memory whenever I get discouraged. I know that whether people are being baptized or not, I am still bringing the gospel to everyone I come in contact with!! There is a quote that I came into contact with this week that explains what I mean perfectly. 
It says,
"Your life is carefully watched over, as was mine. The Lord knows both what He will need you to do and what you will need to know. He is kind and He is all-knowing. So you can with confidence expect that He has prepared opportunities for you to learn in preparation for the service you will give. you will not recognize those opportunities perfectly, as I did not. But when you put the spiritual things first in your life, you will be blessed to feel directed toward certain learning, and you will be motivated to work harder. You will recognize later that your power to serve was increased, and you will be grateful." -Henry B. Eyring 
I can testify that what President Eyring said is 100% true. I'm not on my mission for myself. I might be effected by what I learn on my mission but it is not FOR me. It is for those I teach, those I talk to, those who I love back home, those who I have yet to bring into this world, for that person I will spend eternity with. This mission is for the people in my future and I am constantly being guided to things that the Lord wants me to know for the rest of my life so I can help those around me. I love what I've learned so far, and I can't wait to keep learning for the rest of my life what my Heavenly Father has in store for me. 
Oh ya! And remember to smile, you're all prettier that way anyways! ;D
Love, 
Sister Kayla Richardson 


Kayla with Sis. Hardy, her Companion!!

With Sisters Lin and Workman!!

Loving Comp's!!!

Crazy Dragon Fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment